Saturday, July 15, 2017

Will I Ever Get It Together?



Some people have a very Organized, Orderly and Tidy Home... they are Domestic Goddesses... I am NOT one of them!  I'd Like to be, I've even Tried to be, to no avail, it's Futile!   Those of my Tribe might relate better to the Home self-described as Organized Chaos?  It's not that I don't attempt to have Organization and Order, because I function better if it could be that way, I'd stand back and Bask in it daily... but I'm too haphazard in my ways to KEEP it that way.




It is much more likely, in our Home, to find my piles of 'Stuff' just randomly placed everywhere, with no Rhyme or Reason to how they ended up THERE, rather than perhaps a Logical place to BE!?!   My 'Piles of Stuff' are the bane of my existence, I banish them, but they reappear and I am the culprit!  No, I'm not talking about "Family" Mess, Disarray and Disorder... which is Epic around here too, we're talking about WILL I EVER GET IT TOGETHER my Friends?!




Sometimes things are so Chaotic that I don't even Notice when The G-Kid Force has been Messing with me... like THIS!   Yep, no telling how long she's been intentionally Exposed and Flashing a Boob as a Prank on Gramma?!  Nor how many Guests have walked into the Entry Hallway and had THAT Imagery seared into their Memory as a First Impression to entering our Home?!?  *Bwahahahaha!*  Not that The Rest wouldn't equally Shock or take them aback, so... whatever...  *Smiles*




Because Seriously, that's not even the Weirdest, most Shocking or Wildest thing they'll see around here... not even close!  *Winks*  I know some have wandered in unawares, if they really don't know us well, and had their jaws grow slack and mouth just hang open!  Because they couldn't even pretend it's like any other Home they ever walked into Cold and not have their countenance be evident of that fact!  *Ha ha ha*  Yes, we are Aware we are Addams Family Different kinda Folks and I'm Okay with that fact.




What I am NOT Okay with is my Piles... even tho' I've just given up and Embraced some of them, like my Fabric Piles, which are Visually stimulating and Pretty enough to just Be.   It seemed a Shame to Store them away unseen anyway so I am now Content to just leave those Piles alone as Decor... yeah, that's what we'll call them... Decor!  *Winks*   And some Piles I've just arranged into Vignettes where they just landed... why not?  Then they at least give the Illusion of being more Intentional!? *LMAO*




Okay, so that's a Stretch, I know this, and if a Vignette is just randomly sitting in a Weird spot on the Floor, where no Vignette should ever Be... well, it's probably not Fooling anyone, including myself.  *Le Sigh*  But sometimes I'm just not having a Place for it to Be yet... my Curating of Space and Stuff is still a Work In Progress.   My feeble attempts to Get It Together are progressing in a Positive direction and moving at rather a Snail's Pace.




Which is why you can often see some Art and Mirrors just stacked in front of one another and behind some Fabric Piles... casually, AS IF that is where I Want them, rather than hung on a Wall, where they actually should Be!!!  *LOL*  Does anyone else do that I Wonder?   I would Like at least one Brave Soul of My Tribe to weigh in and say Yes... Why, isn't that Normal?!?  So that I don't Feel so much like The Lone Ranger in my Affliction of Odd Housekeeping tactics!???!??   *Smiles*




I do Try to be more Relaxed in my approach to Housekeeping... because it would drive me Crazy otherwise to not live up to my own Standards, which are pretty Lax... and yet, I STILL can't seem to live up to them!!!   *Le Sigh*  Never mind try to live up to the Standards of Normal people who manage to keep house effortlessly, or seemingly so anyway!!!   I don't know a lot of allegedly Normal people, so that Helps.  *Winks*




I know... but it's True... if you were REALLY NORMAL, and Lived a relatively Normal Life, well, I probably wouldn't have very much in Common with you to Cultivate a Relationship and Connect, you see.  *Smiles*   There would be so few Points of Reference in how you Live or Think that I could remotely relate to.   And yet I do seem Aware of what Normal could and mebbe should Look like... it just doesn't around here... AT ALL!  *Winks*




I'm not Judging nor making Unfair Comparisons, I'm just stating a Fact based on my own Observations of people in general.   I am acutely Aware that I'm a Weirdo, I just would Like to be a more Organized, Tidy and Orderly Weirdo than I am... that's all!  *Smiles*   But, I'm NOT... I'm SO NOT... and it is frustrating sometimes since I Work on it.   I don't Try NOT to be Weird, I Like being Different and Celebrate my Differences and Bond with My Tribe.  I Love My Tribe of peeps and wouldn't want any of us to Change our State of Being.  They are an Interesting Lot and we have loads in Common to form Bonds with that last!




But what I DO TRY to BE is a whole lot more Domestically Inclined, so that our Home isn't always stricken with my disorganization and inclinations to Piles here, there and everywhere!   Of things not yet put away or put up... or just PUT SOMEWHERE, ANYWHERE that is LOGICAL!  I'm not attempting to reach Domestic Goddess status any more than I'm attempting to become a Saint, it would just be an Impossibility!  




 Besides, I'm too Lazy to be Crowned a Domestic Goddess and too much of a Rebel to be Saintly.   My Halo is askew ALL of the time and threatening to fall off at any point in time... just Test me! *Winks*   I'm not speaking of a complete Overhaul, I Like being ME too much to want to Change a lot.  But I could definitely use some Improvement in the Housekeeping Dept. of Life, that's a Fact!   My Mom was a Superb Housekeeper, but apparently it wasn't a strong enough Genetic Trait to have been passed along to Moi... my Domestic Goddess Genes are watered way down or perhaps totally absent!?  *Winks*




The fact of the matter is, I don't really CARE to have a Perfect Home or one that is so Editorial it could be in a Magazine Spread, that ain't never gonna happen!  I want it to be Clean enough to be Healthy and Dirty enough to be Happy.   But I would also Like to be able to do the occasional Panoramic Shot of it in ANY Room... Okay, I'd settle for SOME Rooms... possibly even ONE Room!  *See how far my Standards can be quickly compromised?!?  Winks* 




I would Like for such places as the Stair's Landing... the Kitchen Island... and Dining Tables to remain uncluttered with Catch-All Stuff just unceremoniously dumped by myself and the Fam!   I do Clean and Tidy them up constantly... and they just never stay that way for long so it almost seems a complete waste of Time and Energy!   But I'm Hopeful we can Change some Bad Habits around with Practice... lots and lots and loads of Practice... mebbe with the aide of Medication I dunno?  *Bwahahahaha!!!*




I'm only partially kidding about the Medication part... coz I Swear to God if they had a Pill that caused us all to be more Organized, Orderly and Tidy... as much of an aversion as I have to taking any Meds... I'd be poppin' one of those Miracle Pills daily my Friends!   I'd be hiding it in the foods of the Crew around here too... just sayin'... that's how Life altering in a Good way it would be for me!  *Smiles*   No longer would I have some Unknown Assailant lay a heavy Plate in a random Room that's never eaten in... and on top of a Fragile Dried Roses Wreath, crushing it's fragile petals!  No... apparently NOBODY around here fesses up to doing that... so someone random broke in and just did it?!?  *LOL*




Well, Yeah, as The Young Prince so astutely pointed out...{perhaps out of Guilt}... we'll never know... IF the Wreath were hung up Gramma, rather than laying on a random Stool near a Window...{that I didn't climb out of in the middle of the Night to sneak out to a Friend's house after you told me it was too late for me to go anywhere}, perhaps it wouldn't have happened?  Things that make you go Humnnnnnnnnnnn...




  Okay, so the part in parenthesis were Implied and he didn't actually SAY them, but you know, I can figure some things out that seem quite randomly Odd.  Like a Food Plate with Crumbs left behind as Evidence near an Escape Route Window in a Room rarely used.  After a certain Nark Princess told me her Brother is probably definitely sneaking out Windows in the middle of the Night!  *Winks*   And what bugs me most is that he could just go in and out the Garage and leave no trace Evidence at all by using the Key Pad Code... he's gotta hone his Teen Rebel deceit skills, that Kid, for me to Claim him as one of Us!  *Winks* 




He didn't Invent Teen Deception nor Rebellion, we have a long lineage of it in fact, but leaving a telltale Mess behind and being Stupid about his Plan, now THAT bugs me!!!   *Smiles*    And I know he went to a Good Kid's house to play Video Games well into the wee hours of a Saturday Night, because we wouldn't let them pick him up at almost Midnight to go do it.   Obedience is better than Sacrifice Kid, and don't try to pull one over on Gramma or Grandpa... we're Jedi Masters at this shit you're pulling... been there, done that... Won the Gold Medals in the Olympics of it Kiddo!   And your Mother... well Kid, she was the Michael Phelps of Rebellious Behavior, so we have tons of Experience to draw upon!  *Smiles*




And the Irony is not Lost upon me that I can Handle such things as THAT with a grain of Salt and complete Calm and Deal with it... yet in the Keeping of a Home I'm completely out of my Element even after all these years of doing it!   Why is that???!?!   Why do I go more Crazy about a Messy Home than in the Dealing with some of the bigger Messes of Life that confront me?   I Guess it's the little things that always send you over the edge, I dunno?   I don't Feel like a Bad Parent if a Kiddo goes Haywire because I don't take all the Credit for their Successes nor all the Blame for their Failures in Life.  But I do Feel like a Lousy Housekeeper almost all of the time!   Go Figure!




Even on days when I don't have a whole lot to do, I will avoid Housework like the Plague and not get around to much of it.  Sure, I'll do some of it... to appease the Housekeeping gods like a temporary Offering at the Altar of having a Lovely Home to Live in.   Seems only Right to keep it semi-presentable... well... areas of it... that could pass in a Close-Up to Share here in The Land Of Blog and give the Illusion the rest of it looks presentable too!  *Winks*  




Well, if you had less Stuff... you could keep on top of it you might be saying?  Yes, I know that... but then things would be more glaringly Obvious of what's going on behind my back.  Such as the fact that little Pink Rubber Band Liga... near the right Wing of the Dove... shows Evidence that The Force have been having Rubber Band Fights again here in the Library... and likely everywhere else in the house when Grandpa is in Charge and I'm at Work!   *LOL*  I don't Notice so much when there's Stuff hiding the Evidence, which is Good for my Heart and Sanity... I can then Pretend there is no Trouble in Paradise in my brief absences from Home!  *Winks*




So... I'm not saying there isn't an Upside to all of this... there can be... and so just a Healthier Balance is Needed I suppose.   You know, just enough Order, Tidiness and Organization to Appease me and yet not be too much.   Sometimes I even get the Home there... to the just enough Look that Satisfies me completely... so Maintaining it at that State of Being would be really Nice and preferable!   But is it Possible?   I'm just not sure... not convinced it can be with my Habits and having three other individuals and a Cat here...




So in many ways I've just Learned to Live with a Beautiful Mess and my Organized form of Chaos, while Working upon improving my Habits... and those of the Family.   To try to promote Positive Changes, slowly... and reasonably so as not to create a Disturbance in The Force.   To not have unrealistic expectations of what we're all capable of... since there seems to be some Genetic Mutation that makes us how we just ARE.




Which is relatively Messy and highly Peculiar people who may never Get It Together, except on occasion, when we Intentionally stray from our Usual way of Being and Try to Get It Together.   Our inability to Keep it that way is Evident and I doubt even a Professional Organizer could Teach us a Successful way to permanently Change how we ARE?   But I do still hold out Hope that we can alter some of it in a measure of Success I could be Okay with.




And now I shall ignore more Housework needing to be done on a Saturday Afternoon because Princess T is nagging at me to go to The Zoo... since this Zoo here at Home clearly isn't nearly enough of a Zoo!!!   *Winks*   Or mebbe it's just a different kind of Zoo or Lunatic Asylum, I'm not Sure which?   Perhaps what I REALLY Need is some Zookeeping Staff, yeah, that would probably Work...




*******

Blessings from the Arizona Desert... Dawn... The Bohemian


5 comments:

  1. this just gave me a chortle...grins, Sandi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Would that be because you could relate my Friend? Winks

      Delete
  2. But what a GRAND mess!
    I do understand. I too love interesting things that are never organised enough for my taste.
    It's the dusting I avoid, but when I do it, I feel like I can breathe again..so why avoid it? I dunno!
    We'd much rather create something new than maintain the old. I think that is how we are hardwired. The bedrooms only get deep cleaned for example, when they receive one of their regular move arounds!
    I adore your home and its decayed elegance. You wouldn't be you in a pristine home.
    I have piles of old canvasses and musical instruments and cases. And a massive pile of papers I am tackling a few at a time at the moment. As well as piles of wooden guns my son is making and storing in his bedroom, and piles of junk in my husband's side of the bedroom, and piles of dirty clothes in my other son's bedroom!
    But we live and thrive still. We are a strong species.
    But some times I do look with wistful eyes at the white minimal echoing halls on the internet...
    xo Jazzy Jack

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I Agree... and can relate... but I know also that the minimal white echoing halls would not be an environment I could Live in... just visit briefly! smiles

      Delete

A life touched by God always ends in touching others. - Erwin McManus

I will love the light for it shows me the way, yet I will endure the darkness for it shows me the stars. - Og Mandino (1923-1996)

For creativity to flourish one should try to look at everything as though it were being seen for the first or the last time. - Quote from "A Thousand Paths To Creativity" by David Baird

Is what I'm about to say an improvement on silence? ~ Galen Pearl