Friday, September 10, 2010

Pearls And Lace







I'm a sucker for Pearls and Lace... I adore them, in almost any form! I found this amazing Black Satin skirt with an overlay of various Laces at a Thrift Store and I had to have it! It's shorter than the long Gypsy skirts I usually wear but I figured I could layer it over a longer skirt... and even if I never wear it, I could repurpose such a lovely piece into something fabulous later on. Pieces like this at a bargain I simply can't pass on or I'd surely have regrets!
I've been in "Pearl Mode" for the last few months and it seems that every amazing piece of Jewelry I've come across that I adore lately has had Pearls involved in the design. Putting Pearls and Lace together just makes for a beautiful vignette, don't you agree... Pearls and Lace... they just seem meant for each other don't they... Dawn... The Bohemian
PS: Doni over at "Faith, Grace & Crafts" is having a Pearls and Lace Party... so stop on over and share your Pearls and Lace lovelies!!!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Dawn! What a pretty post! Although you know I'm a sucker for pearls, THAT LACE is AWESOME! I'm so glad you picked it up and decided to share it with us for Pearls and Lace! Thanks too for joining the 'party' although it's just us so far!! Maybe this fall things will take off. I'll be having a giveaway soon too, so that might help!!
    Love your blog...and your last post too...that sampler was beautiful! Hope you use it soon and let us see what you made with it.
    Blessings to you!
    Doni

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely post! I am right there with you on grabbing something up when it tugs at your heartstrings. When I love something and I talk myself out of it because I don't know what I will use it for or where I will put it I almost always regret that I left it behind. As we speak I'm pining over a little candle and napkin set I left behind on a recent beach trip. $4.99 and I talked myself out of it. Sometimes I'm such a dork......! Bravo for bringing home the skirt!

    ReplyDelete

A life touched by God always ends in touching others. - Erwin McManus

I will love the light for it shows me the way, yet I will endure the darkness for it shows me the stars. - Og Mandino (1923-1996)

For creativity to flourish one should try to look at everything as though it were being seen for the first or the last time. - Quote from "A Thousand Paths To Creativity" by David Baird

Is what I'm about to say an improvement on silence? ~ Galen Pearl